Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Raw snack bars




Ingredients:
12 organic mejool dates
1/2 c raw organic almonds
3/4 c organic raisins 
3/4 organic gluten free oats
1/2 c organic hemp seeds
1/2 raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 c sunflower seeds
2 tbs organic natural peanut butter
2 tsp raw agave nectar 

In a food processor, toss in the almonds and process until a meal forms.  Then toss in the dates,  (with their pits removed), and 1/2 cup raisins.  Process.  Add the agave and peanut butter and process until a chunky paste forms.  
Scrape the processed mixture into a large bowl. Add the oats, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds and 1/4 raisins.   Mix well with a sturdy spoon.  Pour the mixture into two small square pans or a 9X13 in pan.  Press down on the mixture with a rubber spatula until even.  Cover and put in the refrigerator to harden.

I can't wait to have my hubby try them out......what is your favorite snack to make for the ones you love?


2 comments:

theravegan said...

I have always been a baker. Someone who bakes to show love. However I am trying to bake less and so I'm making juices and smoothies. Because when I bake I eat. A lot.

Kristen said...

I hear ya! I love to bake and so do my girls, it's a fun mommy and kids activity. BUT, even though I baked vegan/gf, it still isn't health food when sugar is involved. This was fun for them too, so I realized it is just about being together!