Easy, Vegan, Gluten Free, Delicious, and
- one jar of your favorite organic GF tomato marinara
- one can Eden Foods organic butter beans, drained and rinsed.
- 1/2 organic onion chopped
- 1 c raw organic cashews
- 1 tbs basil
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (depending on how spicy your family likes it)
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 1/4 c red wine (or water)
Saute the chopped onion, basil, salt and red pepper in 1/4 cup red wine until the onion softens. Add the butter beans and saute for a few minutes, stirring frequently, add more wine or water if needed.
Stir in the rest of the jar sauce and cashew mixture into the bean/onion mixture and stir well. Leave on a low heat for about 15 minutes to let the flavors incorporate. (stirring frequently) Serve over your favorite gluten free pasta.
We used quinoa pasta because it has a firmer bite than the rice pasta. I also steamed some fresh organic broccoli to go along with this dinner. The kids all really loved it!!