Sunday, February 5, 2012

Steph's Curry

This weekend I prepared a delicious dish that my sister-in-law makes.  I have to say that Stephanie, (my sister-in-law), has been one of my biggest inspirations on this new vegan journey of mine.  She is a fountain of knowledge and is always supportive and helpful.  Have you ever just sat back and realized how blessed you are to have certain people in your life?  I know am really grateful for the universe bringing her to my brother, which also brought her into our family !


Okay, so If you are in the mood for a creamy and spicy curry dish, this one is for you!



Ingredients:
2 cans organic garbanzo beans
2 cans organic full fat coconut milk
1 package organic extra firm tofu (drained) and cubed
1 package frozen organic spinach (or you can use any vegetable you have on hand)
2 large organic potatoes diced
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic minced 
1 jar OR homemade mango chutney
1 jar curry paste (mild or spicy depending on what you like)
(here is a picture of the one I used)










In a large pan saute in 1/4 water: onion, garlic,tofu and 2 tsp curry paste.  Once sauteed, add the rest of the ingredients stirring frequently.  Taste the sauce and add more curry paste if you prefer it spicier. Simmer over a low burner until the sauce thickens and potatoes and beans soften.

Serve over rice with a spoonful of the mango chutney on top.


No comments: