Saturday, December 10, 2011

BIG SALAD: Black Bean Apple Onion with walnuts

It's almost 11:00 pm and I just went to my fridge for a late night snack.  I couldn't resist finishing off the leftovers from my "big salad" I made tonight.  I'm sure I will regret eating red onion this late at night but I just had to have a few more bites of this fab creation!

Black Bean Apple Onion with Walnut Salad:
Combine all the following into a large salad bowl:
1 large head organic romaine lettuce  finely chopped
1/2 organic red onion diced
1 organic cucumber cut into thin slices
1/2 cup raw walnuts chopped
1-2 organic red delicious apple cut into thin slices

In a sepearte bowl combine:
2 cups black beans
1/2 cup vegan mayo
tablespoon hot sauce
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
Stir all the ingredients well and pour over the veggies, nuts and apples.  Toss the salad well and devour, I mean enjoy !!

(I wish I had a picture to show you.......but it was eaten too fast to capture the moment)

No comments: